Our Environmental Services program addresses both the reality of clean and the perception of clean. Infection prevention is the reality of clean. HCAHPS scores reflect the perception of clean. But the impression of “clean” does even more – it affects your brand. Your reputation. Your staff retention. Your hospital’s appearance is your first opportunity to make an impression on patients, visitors, and your staff.
Healthcare-associated Infections (HAI) are impacted by the reality of clean. Any comprehensive strategy to identify, treat, and eliminate sources of HAI begins with the physical environment. We operate as a key part of the hospital’s infection prevention efforts. Our protocols focus on consistent, thorough cleaning of high-touch points in the patient environment.
CMS reimbursements are affected by the perception of clean. As patients and family perceive the environment to be clean, so go the HCAHPS scores. As those scores become more available to the Public the long-term reputation of the facility can be enhanced... or undermined.
Crothall was the first healthcare provider to earn CIMS certification. The international cleaning organization, ISSA awarded Crothall that certificate in 2009 – we have passed every audit since then and have been re-certified every time. In fact, the ISSA awarded Crothall CIMS-GB with Honors for green and sustainable practices.
CROTHALL ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES UNIQUENESS
Patient Experience Team
Only Crothall has a Team of 70+ Patient Experience Managers across the USA working in Client homes with the single purpose of enhancing patient satisfaction and HCAHPS scores.This Team operates above and beyond the Operations Team as advisors and coaches to help deliver better HCAHPS scores.
High Profile Cleaning Protocol
While High Profile Cleaning cleans and disinfects, it enhances the Patient experience. Testing has proven housekeeping protocols can actually drive HCAHPS scores. Impacting Infection Prevention and Patient Experience in the same protocol maximizes reimbursements.
Specialization breeds ideas that challenge the status quo. Singular focus in a chosen profession ignites a fire – where searching for an even better way becomes a religion. Innovations in Environmental Services are two-fold:
1. Products & Equipment
The Products we use to clean and disinfect a room must be effective the first time. They must also be Green. And they must be cost effective. Innovations in Equipment can range from a more efficient delivery system to a more efficacious service to better monitoring for Quality Assurance. Our R&D Team searches three areas:
- Infection Prevention
- Aesthetic Solutions
2. Information Technology
Advancements in Information Technology help drive efficiency and transparency. Crothall has also developed new IT solutions to improve the patient experience. Some of our latest innovations:
- QR Code technology creating new, fresh ways to improve the patient experience
- National Performance Center Single Point of Contact call center with 24/7/365 access
- Mobile technology Frontline associates and management use mobile devices to provide better service
- Specialization helps us hire, train, and attract the very best. Our Management Team has grown up in Environmental Services – 100% of our Division VPs, 100% of our Regional VPs and 85% of our Regional Directors of Operations have been promoted from within. They are more than leaders – they are Subject Matter Experts.
- Cutting edge products, equipment and processes help reduce HAI incidence. We stay ahead of the curve by identifying and field-testing the latest concepts. Only those that improve effectiveness and efficiency are shared as Best Practices across all of our Client operations.
- HCAHPS scores improve when Crothall does your housekeeping. As our Patient Experience specialists weave their knowledge into how we clean, HCAHPS results improve. On average HCAHPS scores go up 6% and increase more than 9% when adding the Patient Experience Team. Many Clients experience even better results – as much as 30% improvement. See our Case Studies for more detailed information on how they did it.