ASSISTANT HOSPITAL FACILITIES DIRECTOR
New York-New York City
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
Assists in the administration and maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment, and the procurement of generate utilities and their distribution systems. The AD works under the direction of Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance.
Incumbent is guided by thorough knowledge of engineering, plant operations methods, techniques, maintenance, applicable codes and regulations, and use of departmental equipment and supplies, principles of management and supervision and procedures and policies of departments and facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes, and controls activities of maintenance department under the guidelines of the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance to keep staff engaged in maintaining, repairing, and renovating facility’s plant and facilities.
- Maintains flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of assigned workload and adherence to standards of quality control.
- Reviews and evaluates existing methods, systems, programs, practices, and procedures; develops and recommends change to Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance. Implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified methods, systems, programs, practices and/or procedures.
- Assists with preparation and maintains a variety of department records in compliance of JCAHO, Department of Health Standards, local authorities, and other regulatory agencies.
- Maintains adequate inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies and initiates requisitions as needed.
- Works with the Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance in the coordination of construction and renovation programs for the facility.
- Assists with responsibilities of the department and shares weekend duties with other managers when required.
- Operates plant equipment efficiently and safely.
- Maintains working knowledge of all mechanical, electrical, and auxiliary functions.
- Performs a variety of supervisory and managerial functions.
- Assigns and distributes work to staff.
- Monitors and inspects employee work performance to assure performance standards are maintained through use of the computers maintenance management system.
- Establishes and coordinates employee work schedules to assure necessary staff coverage.
- Schedules vacation and holidays.
- Resolves complaints as required, reports, and seeks guidance from Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance.
- Orients and trains new employees and provides continuing guidance and on-the-job training to all assigned personnel.
- Interviews applicants and recommends qualified individuals for hire.
- Prepares performance evaluations for assigned personnel, as well as disciplining reports when necessary.
- Responsible for Quality Control Program of the department.
- Reviews and writes specifications for corrective maintenance and minor construction and renovation projects.
- Monitors and coordinates a variety of preventative maintenance and building and property repair and improvement projects performed by vendors and contractors, inspects completed work and approves requests for payment regarding same.
- Assists in coordination of the facility’s fire response team.
- Assists in coordination of snow removal from facility’s grounds.
- Performs departmental and other related duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equipment, Machine, And Manual Skills Required:
- Good physical condition and ability to operate departmental equipment.
- Sits; stands; bends; kneels; climb stairs, ladders, and equipment; has good sense of balance to work on heights. Some lifting of medium and/or heavy equipment and tools.
- Some exposure to hazards or risks. Heat, noise, dust and dirt, areas requiring infection control. Ability to meet deadlines and make sound decisions, sometimes under stress. Work whatever hours are necessary to maintain facility in a safe manner including nights and weekends.
- Administrative, medical, supervisory staff, employees, patients, representatives of governmental agencies, architects, contractors, vendors, etc. Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively and courteously with the above contacts.
Four year Engineering degree or equivalent work experience, or other completion of advanced courses related to management skills and to engineering and the functions of the department. The ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and verbally. Must also have adequate knowledge of basic computer skills.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-New York City
Activation Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018