ASSISTANT DIRECTOR I OF EVS
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to become a leader in a great company and growing corporation. In this position you will be responsible for directing and overseeing the operational needs of the housekeeping department. You will coordinate the tasks of the operations managers. As well as assist in staff training and development. You may have responsibility over a budget and inventory. You will serve as a liaison between administration and hospital departments and provide the highest possible level of service.
- Establish and review standards and work procedures for all housekeeping staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility
- Plan work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate housekeeping services are rendered to all areas
- Interview, select, hire, evaluate, and recommend termination of facility housekeeping personnel in accordance with facility standards
- Orient, train, and supervise all housekeeping staff
- Regular inspections and evaluations of the facility; ability to recommend action items; assist with relocations within the facility
- Conduct regular staff meetings and communicate with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available
- Conduct regular inventory of housekeeping supplies
- Assist unit director with budget
- Follow-up on all client requests
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history required
- Working knowledge of all housekeeping procedures preferred
- Demonstrated progressive growth in the field of healthcare housekeeping facility maintenance
- Strong work ethic, intense drive and initiative for quality and customer service
- Previous oversight of a budget
- Excellent written and oral communication, listening and empathy, and problem solving (one-on-one and group) skills
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff, to function appropriately under stress, to organize and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements
- Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New Jersey-Somerville
Activation Date: Monday, May 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2018