INTERNSHIP - MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING
MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING Internship 2017
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services.
We are the leader in hospital laundry processing for healthcare facilities. With over 550 laundry accounts, we process over 630 million pounds of laundry throughout North America annually, with responsibility for laundry plant operations in 55 facilities ranging from 520,000 pounds to 90 million pounds. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our Maintenance & Engineering department. Assist engineering and maintenance department with installing, operating, repairing and maintaining complex machinery, electrical, power, HVAC and/or plumbing systems and related equipment. (I.e. industrial washing, drying and finishing equipment, generators, air compressors, chillers, high voltage equipment, switches, circuit breakers, signal and alarm systems, wiring, etc.), as well as mechanical systems and equipment of varied types and complexity (i.e. fans, motors, pumps, commercial laundry equipment, chemical injection systems, computerized energy management system, etc.)
Gain experience working in a commercial laundry and familiarity with control diagnostics, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting skills, preventative maintenance experience. You will develop a knowledge of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, and OSHA requirements, as well as management and basic computer experience.
Candidates will participate in a six week paid internship that provides an overview of Maintenance & Engineering in Crothall Laundry Services. This is a unique opportunity for candidates to learn about the linen, uniform and facility services, an $18 billion industry that encompasses healthcare linens, food and beverage, and uniform rentals.
- This is a 6 week program at 20-30 hours/week. Compensation is $10 per hour.
- Dates and hours are flexible based on intern schedule, interest and performance.
We will provide an orientation regarding our company and presentations by our staff regarding roles and responsibilities within the organization. Interns will participate in daily, routine activities such as staff meetings.
- Work with our Maintenance and Engineering staff to understand safe work practices, in accordance with facility and intercompany policies, manufacturer (equipment)
- Learn about power plant and boiler operations, preventative maintenance, overhaul, and repair of production machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Assist in a variety of maintenance jobs, participate in meetings, assist in preparation of a variety of reports and maintain thorough records and files to ensure a proper level of communication and documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Operate and maintain appropriate equipment for all tasks performed.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand, stoop, bend, and walk for long periods of time in a hot environment as well as ability to push, pull, and lift heavy loads throughout the day.
- Current in Technical School or undergraduate Engineering program
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Sunday, April 23, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017