INTERNSHIP - PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
North Carolina-Asheville, Tennessee-Morristown
PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT Internship 2017
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services.
We are the leader in hospital laundry processing for healthcare facilities. With over 550 laundry accounts, we process over 630 million pounds of laundry throughout North America annually, with responsibility for laundry plant operations in 55 facilities ranging from 520,000 pounds to 90 million pounds. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our Production team to assist with management of the commercial laundry operations working along-side and supporting functional managers and supervisors. Intern will gain insight into increasing customer and employee satisfaction while improving profits and gaining the maximum efficiencies of manpower, materials and machines.
Candidates will participate in a six week paid internship that provides an overview of Production Management in Crothall Laundry Services, Inc. This is a unique opportunity for candidates to learn about the linen, uniform and facility services and commercial laundry business, a $18 billion industry that encompasses healthcare linens, food and beverage, and uniform rentals.
- This is a 6 week program at 20-30 hours/week. Compensation is $10 per hour.
- Dates and hours are flexible based on intern schedule, interest and performance.
We will provide an orientation regarding our company and presentations by our staff regarding roles and responsibilities within the organization. Interns will participate in daily, routine activities such as staff meetings.
- Learn about the production process learning about scheduling, cost, quality control and resource allocation. Assist in supervising work flow between and within departments.
- Work with our Production management, supervisors and line workers to maintain safe work practices and conditions, in accordance with facility and intercompany policies, manufacturer (equipment) safety guidelines. Assist in devising methods to increase efficiency of operations.
- Assist in directing employees in various departments including soil room, wash room, flatwork, pressing, finishing, route make-up, stock room and other in-plant operations.
- Participate in meetings, assist in preparation of a variety of reports and maintain thorough records and files to ensure a proper level of communication and documentation.
- Develop analytical skills to access and evaluate the operations of subordinate areas of responsibility, participate in establishing financial goals for the company as well as internal departments.
- Build technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling and preventive maintenance.
- Understand how customer preferences and expectations impact processing, loading, finishing and presentation of items.
- Develop a working knowledge of chemicals, steam, electricity, pneumatics and mechanics, as well as OSHA and general safety guidelines to effectively follow instructions and train others.
- Demonstrate strong computer proficiency, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), including typing skills and the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems.
- Current undergraduate enrollment in a Business, Operations and/or Engineering program
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with interpersonal and listening skills, and ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations and excellent people skills.
- Ability to quickly learn company specific software.
- Strong negotiation skills to create a win/win/win solution for the Company and customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi task in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively individually and in a team setting.
- Strong math, reading, and English skills.
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Great People. Great Service. Great Results.
At Compass Group North America, our superior balance of efficiency and quality attract the highest caliber level of service our clients deserve. We retain the finest workers with a highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits plan. If you're looking for a career where you set the standard for personal advancement, then Compass Group North America is for you! Working together, we will continue to experience success as the industry's best.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: North Carolina-Asheville, Tennessee-Morristown
Activation Date: Sunday, April 23, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, September 1, 2017