Pay Grade: 13
Reports to: GM
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
Role manages the daily work activities of Drivers and potentially Distribution and Scale personnel as defined for the specific position. Responsibility to ensure material movement is timely, cost-effective and in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations. The primary focus of this position will be to manage Transportation, Shipping/Receiving and potentially Customer Service operations through a distribution collaboration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and manage the work/schedules of subordinate staff to ensure the work is accomplished and product delivered in a manner consistent with organizational and customer requirements.
- Manage transportation team with responsibility for hiring, training, developing, coaching, counseling and corrective actions as necessary and within corporate/union guidelines; building a positive culture, implementing solutions to challenges and identify opportunities while providing clear direction and training. Supervises transportation and shipping personnel in accordance with established policies and procedures; monitors and evaluates performance and fosters delegation culture of work tasks when possible while focusing on end results of company and customer requirements.
- Implement schedule and policy changes as warranted. Collaborate with other managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Manage all Preventive Management and repair programs.
- Train drivers and distribution personnel and teach safe driving practices.
- Oversee all transportation needs for the company as determined by General and/or Operations Manager.
- Manages the daily work activities of the Shipping/Pack-out/Scale personnel; evaluates effectiveness of procedures and provides appropriate feedback and Action Plans.
- Direct and maintain company owned or leased fleet including ongoing maintenance and fleet rotation plan.
- Develop distribution/operations plan including key strategies and correlating financial plans.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators, while addressing variances in a manner to meet plan expectations.
- Establish, communicate, and measure organizational objectives. Maintain measurable benchmarks to support continuous improvement mindset in areas of operations, financial and the functional performance of the department. Maintain and exceed industry standards of quality, safety, regulatory and operations performance standards.
- Maintains operations within budgetary constraints; analyzes costs and implements cost reduction measures as necessary.
- Continually improve operational efficiencies, including:
- Transportation routing optimization
- Order patterns, delivery density
- Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer delivery complaints.
- Manage transportation personnel to ensure achievement of goals including a target of 98%+ on-time delivery
- Act as company representative to customers for quality/delivery related inquiries. As necessary.
- Ensure compliance of DOT regulations.
- Designs, implements and schedule DOT mandated Hazmat training sessions and Safety training sessions.
- On an as needed basis, respond to and demonstrate leadership in emergencies and special events (e.g., hurricanes, tornadoes, work strike/stoppage).
- Perform related and additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- The ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- The ability to use experience of a working environment to meet established goals and objectives
- The ability to read, comprehend and develop financial analysis
Effective use of a computer is required. Proficient in the use of Windows-based office software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017