Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
Assists in the administration and maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment and the procurement of generate utilities and their distribution systems.
- Plans, organizes and controls activities of maintenance department under the guidelines of the Unit Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance to keep staff engaged in maintaining, repairing and renovating facility's plant and facilities
- Maintains flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of assigned workload and adherence to standards of quality control
- Reviews and evaluates existing methods, systems, programs, practices and procedures; develops and recommends change to Unit Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance. Implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified methods, systems, programs, practices and/or procedures
- Assists with preparation and maintains a variety of department records in compliance of Joint Commission, Department of Health Standards, local authorities, and other regulatory agencies
- Maintains adequate inventory of materials, equipment and supplies and initiates requisitions as needed
- Works with the Unit Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance in the coordination of construction and renovation programs for the facility
- Assists with responsibilities of the department and shares weekend duties with other managers when required
- Operates plant equipment efficiently and safely
- Maintains working knowledge of all mechanical, electrical and auxiliary functions
- Performs a variety of supervisory and managerial functions
- Assigns and distributes work to staff
- Monitors and inspects employee work performance to assure performance standards are maintained through use of the computers maintenance management system
- Establishes and coordinates employee work schedules to assure necessary staff coverage
- Schedules vacation and holidays
- Resolves complaints as required, reports and seeks guidance from Unit Director of Plant Operations and Maintenance
- Orients and trains new employees and provides continuing guidance and on-the-job training to all assigned personnel
- Interviews applicants and recommends qualified individuals for hire
- Prepares performance evaluations for assigned personnel, as well as disciplining reports when necessary
- Responsible for Quality Control Program of the department
- Reviews and writes specifications for corrective maintenance and minor construction and renovation projects
- Monitors and coordinates a variety of preventative maintenance, building and property repair and improvement projects performed by vendors and contractors, inspects completed work and approves requests for payment regarding same
- Assists in coordination of the facility's fire response team
- Assists in coordination of snow removal for facility's grounds
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018