HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
New York-New York City
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
In this position: You will provide Human Resources support with emphasis in management training and Compliance. You will also be responsible for setting up and auditing HR policy and procedures, including wage and hour, applicant tracking and selection and onboarding requirements. Working together with corporate HR departments, you will be the field content expert regarding policies, procedures and programs. This is a contract position (8 month contract with the possibility of perm).
- Coordinate and conduct management training i.e.: terminations, sexual harassment, and managing performance
- Investigates and advises management in appropriate resolution of associate relations issues
- Content expert regarding policies, procedures and programs
- Coordinates/ conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations
- Ensures sound practices exist in the areas related to interviewing, selection and hiring
- Identifies critical needs area's and takes appropriate steps to rectify problems
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation and management training related to this area
- Conducts HR Assessments and focus groups. Supports the team with engagement, diversity and inclusion and other workplace HR initiatives based on site need.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent HR experience Required
- 2-5 years multi-unit HR generalist and associate relations experience required
- HR experience must include understanding of all areas of legal compliance
- Experience in a high customer contact setting
- Previous Operations experience helpful
- Strong work ethic, intense drive and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer user skills to include spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software. MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint preferred
- Experience in Employee Relations required and union experience preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills and follow through in both one-on-one and group situations
- Ability to utilize a consultative approach to assist managers
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions. Good time management skills required
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize tasks at the same time
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-New York City
Activation Date: Monday, April 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 2, 2017