BIOMEDICAL TECHNICIAN II - FIELD SERVICE
New York-New York City
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
- Perform planned maintenance and electrical safety inspections on a broad range of patient care and selected support equipment in compliance with established standards
- Manages all assigned equipment and schedules service
- Perform pre-acceptance inspections and develop PM procedures on newly purchased equipment; maintains files on procedures and manuals
- Ensure test equipment is working properly and calibrated within established intervals
- Respond expeditiously to calls from clinical departments to evaluate and rectify valid operator complaints and concerns
- Research and initiate orders for repair parts, working within established budget parameters
- Maintain purchase order log and validate invoices for payment (field service personnel only)
- Provide informal training to equipment users and Crothall Services Group staff as requested or when circumstances dictate
- Make recommendations to the Department Manager regarding service strategies on equipment; keep supervisor informed of activities, needs and problems
- Participate in the Quality Improvement / Risk Management program by gaining an understanding of the issues and concerns of customers and making recommendations for improvement
- Maintain an orderly and functional work environment
- Provide emergency on-call responsibilities as needed
- Participate in department meetings
- Document all significant asset related actions in compliance with department practices
- Collaborate with fellow technical personnel in department meetings to ensure they are kept abreast of technical updates and/or device related problems
- Demonstrate and reflect a commitment to the mission and values of Crothall Healthcare Inc.
- Perform other duties as assigned that are intrinsic to the successful operation of the account and Crothall Healthcare Inc.
- Associates degree in electronics/biomedical equipment technology, military training or equivalent experience
- 3 years servicing clinical/patient care equipment in a hospital environment
- For field service positions requiring travel, valid driver’s license and availability and willingness to drive to customer sites within assigned territory
- Ability to work independently with some supervision
- Good communication and strong customer service skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications pertaining to tracking service histories and producing reports on assets
- Good trouble-shooting skills
- Ability and willingness to serve "on-call" duty as required
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a team, if required
- Willingness and ability to receive factory training, computer training, and other training provided by company to progress into higher level grades
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-New York City
Activation Date: Thursday, February 16, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 1, 2017