OPERATIONS MANAGER STERILE PROCESSING
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals among their 1200 healthcare clients and across the nation in 39 states. Crothall has earned a spot on the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2013, 2014, and 2015, and a Becker’s Healthcare Top Places to Work in 2016. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transport, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory Services. For more information, go to www.crothall.com.
This is a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to become a leader in a great company and growing corporation. In this position you will be responsible for directing and overseeing the operational needs of the sterile processing department. You will coordinate the tasks of the department associates. As well as assist in staff training and development. You may have responsibility over a budget and inventory. You will serve as a liaison between administration and hospital departments and provide the highest possible level of service.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates functions and activities in Central Supply/Services Department.
- Interprets policies, procedures, standards, and regulations as is appropriate to personnel/nursing and medical staff.
- Performs duties of Central Supply technician as necessary.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work performance, and makes recommendations for personnel action.
- Maintains established departmental policies, procedures, objectives, Quality Assurance program, safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Analyzes departmental needs, studies new products, equipment, techniques, and services, and makes recommendations to nursing administration.
- Coordinates Central Supply/Services with operating room functions and nursing unit/area functions and other user departments in order to provide services promptly and efficiently.
- Sterilizes instruments, equipment, and supplies as required.
- Handles and stores instruments, equipment, and supplies appropriately.
- Maintains the cleanliness of work areas as required.
- Directs the requisitioning, sorting, labeling, and issuance of professional equipment.
- Oversees sterilization, assembly, and storage of medical supplies and equipment.
- Establishes and oversees methods for preparing, handling, and storing sterile equipment and materials.
- Ensure staff compliance with sterilization techniques, policies and procedures.
- Supervise, train, discipline and evaluate the performance of staff.
- Prioritize, schedule, assign and monitor work of the staff to optimize operational service.
- Ensures sterilization activities are properly documented and participates in the maintenance of department records.
- Performs related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible experience in Central Sterile operations unit or similar work required.
- CRCST certification required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent listening and empathy skills.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions.
- Good stress management skills required.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software such as MS Office.
- Must have experience managing and training an hourly work force.
- Experience assisting with establishing department standards and policies preferred.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Location: New York-Bronx
Activation Date: Friday, February 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, February 11, 2018
Clinical Engineering, Environmental Services